photo 1-home-1.jpg photo 2-about.jpg photo 3-sponsor.jpg photo 4-faq.jpg
 photo header.jpg

Thursday 19 April 2012

Lou's Reviews :: Lipsy Perfume

Aloha Sprinklerinos,

Lipsy has always been a shop I have walked wistfully by and longed for the day I would be giselle-like and able to look fabulous in their dresses. A good friend of mine recently bought a couple from there and although expensive (around £70ish), I think they were well worth it for the hotness she exuded all night!


When the brand very kindly asked me if I would like to review one of their perfumes, aptly named 'Lipsy', I thought I would give it a whirl and see if it lived up to it's garment counterpart's acclaim. 

I must admit, I am always a little skeptical of these sorts of perfumes. You know the ones I mean, the kind bought out to endorse a non-perfumey brand or z-list celebrity. I sometimes feel that they are rushed off the manufacturer's line without due care and attention to detail and inevitably, are left lacking.

Lipsy however, surprised me. The bottle was sturdy, girlie and not in the least bit cheap feeling, I would describe the fragrance as 'sophisticated' and the scent lingered an ample amount of time. No, it didn't compare to my usual higher end favourites, but then this isn't a high end perfume and would be ideal for a quickie-throw-in-your-bag-for-work kind of item.

A 30ml bottle retails for £18, which I think is reasonable. One thing I felt that could maybe be improved on was the box it was packaged in. It's just personal preference but to me it was a little tacky and didn't create a fantastic impression of what turned out to be a lovely little product. 

How do you feel about high street perfumes? Would you rather have 3 of these more affordable ones or 1 luxury bottle?

Toodlepip!

xx

12 comments:

  1. Thats a tough one,i like to have more and get more for my money if i was buying them myself but if it was a gift id defo want the 1luxury one.love ya xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. hiya, bit random but i was awarded versatile blogger and have reposted it myself but as i havent really followed anyone that new i've just put my top 5 people that have got me coming back again and again - and you're one of them :) x

    (and i would rather have one reallyyy nice perfume than lots of okayish ones :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Interested to smell this!

    Sometimes these brands can be quite surprising, can't they? :)

    Besos,
    Lela
    Fashion Blog - Lela London

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm quite partial to very sweet and fruity perfumes which tend to be on the cheaper end of the scale (do you remember Miami Glow by Jlo? That was amaazing - I can't resist the coconut and mango mmmm)but they do tend to wear off a bit too quickly. I definitely think you get what you pay for in a perfume, if you want something sweet and fun it doesn't really matter if it's cheap, buut if you want something long lasting and more seductive I think spending more is worth it. Suppose it depends on my mood and what I'm looking for :) either way we all like to smell yummy don't we!! xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. The bottle looks so pretty x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Most of the time, I go for quantity over quality. I would MUCH rather have three moderately priced tops than one designer top. But with perfume, I think I'd go for one bottle of an amazing designer scent! I don't wear perfume too often, so it'd be a nice, luxurious treat :)

    Andrea
    Left brain, right brain, pug brain.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love the soap and glory perfume you mention a lot but apart from that one I would rather have one luxurious perfume over 3 high end perfumes.

    B xxx
    backfortea.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Really like the design of the bottle !

    http://stylary.blogspot.de/

    ReplyDelete
  10. You wouldn't think that a sophisticated scent would be housed in that bottle! I do think the packaging is sweet but perhaps not for anything but a super girly fragrance. I prefer a higher end perfume but I think that might be a placebo thing too where we feel like its more luxurious just because we spend more on it!

    http://theconfectionmonsoon.wordpress.com/

    ReplyDelete
  11. I think that the cheaper end fragrances are great for everyday/work, but I do like a bottle of more expensive perfume for nights out, or just for when I need a pick me up.
    I'm currently in love with 'Alien' by Thierry Mulger - it's gorgeous. I'd have to pick a bottle of that over three cheaper perfumes. :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. I have 2 perfumes at the moment - a cheaper one(esprit fresh) & a high end one(DKNY creamy meringue - limited edition). For weekdays I use my cheaper one , for weekends and occasions I use my high end one. Thats how I balance it out :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for comment!
Sprinkleofglitter xxx

 photo newer.jpg  photo older.jpg  photo homebot.jpg